Diets and weight loss - Health and fitness

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Is Weight Loss Through Hypnosis Something For Everyone?

If you are looking for a great way to lose the last 10 pounds, consider weight loss through hypnosis. How does it work?


Losing weight successfully requires a multi-pronged approach. Clearly modifications in what you eat are required. But in order to maintain that weight loss and keep it off without daily, agonizing struggles over food cravings, changes in the way you think about and react to food and stressors must be learned.


Sometimes it's hard to "convince" yourself that you shouldn't have that midnight snack. Thoughts like, "It's so tempting, it's so small, it's just a little taste of chocolate" all tempt you into relapsing into your old behaviors. If there were a way that you could tip the scales in your favor and make those thoughts vanish as quickly as they came into your head, would you try it?


When I learned about weight loss through hypnosis, I knew that this was something I could try. Some people are afraid that hypnosis involves a loss of control, but nothing could be further from the truth. Hypnosis involves letting yourself drop into a state of deep relaxation in which your mind is heightened to suggestions. In this state, you learn to de-couple your emotions from your eating behavior and gain insight into your eating triggers.


By listening to my first hypnosis MP3 that I downloaded every night before bed, it helped me to reinforce the thinking and behaviors that I knew would help me. After a week of this, the thoughts were much easier to bring to the surface and my behavior felt much more "Under control" than it did before.


For More Related Topics Blog: Good Diet For Weight Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment